Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Final SCED 4200 Blog
In this course I feel like I have been able to see more clearly how to incorporate reading into my subjects of P.E. and health. Although health is a little easier to see the connection, I really didn't see the connection as clearly in physical education. I know have so many ideas I want to try in my classes. On the subject of critical literacy I feel it is most important to have students ask "why?" when reading or listening. They should always be looking for the recent information and correct information, especially in the evolving and changing landscape of health and physical education. There are many exercise and diet fads and programs in the world and so many different body types. It will be important to measure these students learning by giving them multiple opportunities to share what they learn through written and oral methods. It will be important for me to adjust and adapt to the various students I will have and give them all an opportunity to learn and provide needed encouragement and support in their efforts. I think it will be fun to see how the various students find different ways to find answers and how there backgrounds lead them to various discoveries. As Jillian and Sara mentioned in class software and programs that monitor movement and compare to a professional or highly skilled individual will be extremly beneficial in motor skill development and I believe will promote faster improvement amongst both lower and higher skilled individuals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment